“Must love dogs.” It’s a deal breaker for a lot of people, and is usually found right up there with “has great sense of humor” and “not racist.” With online dating sites like DateMyPet.com and local mixer events, like this one in support of New York City’s Sean Casey Animal Rescue , there are plenty of opportunities to connect with a fellow dog lover.
Here are some reasons you should do just that:
1. They want to hear about your dog as much as you love talking about your dog. This includes photos of them sleeping, yawning and wearing funny hats; sharing cute videos found online, links to stories of shelter dogs who have overcome great obstacles and impressions of them snoring.
2. They understand if you can’t stay the night.
3. They don’t mind having to lint roll everything. Everything. All the time. They probably even have one in their bag right now.
4. They listen with compassion as you vent about every pushy dog mom who scolded your lil’ buddy at the park that morning.
5. They possess the ability to make themselves physically smaller, as they understand the importance of sharing space.
6. They aren’t too grossed out walking next to someone who is holding a little blue bag full of poop…in public.
7. They offer to run your buddy outside for you after you just got home from a long day. And it’s cold. And snowy. Also, PMS is happening RIGHT NOW.
8. They understand why we can’t have nice things.
9. So much sharing of the cute dog videos.
10. They are the best friend your best friend could ask for. So. Much. Love.